Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, July 10, 2016

WEEK 49

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey family and friends!  This week was great considering it was my countries Independence Day.  It's funny because not being in the United States this year my pridefulness of being an American was great. For the first time I was very proud to be an American.  On our way home on the 4th I went a grabbed some hamburger patties so I could eat an American dinner with my Columbian comp, Elder Martinez.  I even wore my USA flag socks that day!

This past Sunday was really awesome we had a part member family come to church for the first time in ten years.  Her husband had never been and they brought their one year old with them.  I felt a little bad because their little boy was really noisy during sacrament meeting and I could tell the husband was uncomfortable with that.  Afterwards I told him not to sweat about it.  I told him my twin and I were always a straight distraction during sacrament when we were little.  (Sorry Mom!). I loved seeing them come to church as a family because I know if they keep following the gospel they can be sealed together and have an eternal family.  :)

It is such a blessing to serve a mission and help other families become eternal.  Thank you to everyone back home for all the things you have done for me.  Have a great week.
Love, Elder Colby Eyre





This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

I saw my man Chandler SALAZAR this week it was the best!!! The weeks are starting to go by really fast and I just feel like there are so many things to do and lots of missionary work to get done!

Yesterday was the 4th of July and the mission had a party for us.  That is how I was able to be with my man Chandler.  I was so happy to see him he came late to the party so when I saw him it was a great surprise!  We got to eat lunch together and talk for a good hour.  It was funny because our mission president was there and Chan asked if we could be companions haha!  He was like well if the spirit guides me it will happen.  It was so fun to see him and how the mission is changing us both for the better!

This week we are still working with Cecelia and her family.  They are the ones that are a little bit gangster.  Cecelia has been super receptive to the gospel and I just hope that she can keep going strong.  Sunday it rained pretty hard so no one came to church and I was a little sad because Cecelia and her fam didn't come either.  We talked to them after I just hope that they can start coming to church!!

Something that I love is that the more time out I have on my mission the more I see the miracles in my life.  One miracle happened on Thursday.  We were walking a ton that day and it was like 8:00pm.  We hadn't had any success during the day so finally we went to Daniel's house.  He was so close to being baptized a while back but his family had pressured him out of it.  Normally the Chileans take a long time to open the door to us and normally there isn't a person over 16 years old so we cant enter into the house anyway.  This time before we got to the door we said a prayer.  Then we walked up and rang the door bell and the Grandma came out and just let us right on in!  That's was a sure miracle - never happens!  We had a nice little lesson and they were all super nice and seemed to like hearing our message.  It was cool to see that Heavenly Father really does listen to us and wants to bless us.

I love you guys so much.  America's birthday was fun and all is well! Have a good week:)
Elder Colin Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment