Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, July 17, 2016

WEEK 50

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week we did a lot of things.  First, yesterday it rained so hard my comp and I just  laughed because we had already left our house at 7:00am and it just rained and rained and rained!  We didn't bring any rain protection so we just got hammered.  It was fun for like an hour but then it kinda sucked being wet the rest of the day!


On Sunday first we got to give a guy in the ward the Santa Ceña (Sacrament).  I love blessing the Santa Ceña for people that are sick because my Bro and I did it so much at home.  I just love giving the members here the opportunity to take the sacrament when they are sick.  They are always so grateful after.

We are still working with the people that are kind of gangsters.  They seem so interested and excited for the gospel but then they do not go to church - it kinda sucks.  The Chileans love to stay up all night and wake up late so going to church at 10:00am is hard for them.  However I just love working hard with all of these people!

One crazy thing happened when we got to church on Sunday.  Right when we walked into the chapel we got called on to speak in Sacrament meeting.  I am like my mom, and need to prepare before hand.  I don't do very well with on the spot talks!   It turned out to be all good.  I just picked a topic and then talked about it for fifteen minutes.  I spoke on Faith, Repentance, Baptism and Enduring to the End.  I also told a story about pioneers that I remembered.  I know that Heavenly Father really helped me to stay calm and know what to say!  One thing I missed is that in the states people like to talk about their family for the first five minutes and ease into it - they don't do that here they go straight into it. I'm not sure what happened to their original speakers because Elder Pan and I were it!

We have changes this week I will propbably change sectors and companions so I hope all goes well! I love everyone back home and hope all is well.

Love, Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:


Hey Family!
This week has been pretty good. We were able to do a ton of service which was actually pretty fun.  One of the services we did was pulling weeds for a member.  I couldn't stop laughing because my comp had the one shovel we were given and was just chopping at the weeds with it, not pulling them.  I am still not sure what he was trying to accomplish, Haha!!  It did make me thankful for they many times my Dad pulled me out of bed on Saturday's to weed.

We also had a pretty cool lesson with a less active family this week.  We brought with us the Relief Society President and her husband who is in the Stake Presidency.  We had some pretty strong testimonies with us to help get them spiritually moving again.  The lesson was so awesome and the spirit was so strong.  It's crazy what help the members are in these lessons.  It's just an added bonus of testimony and spiritual strength.  Everyone back home ask the missionaries if you can go on a lesson with them I know they would love it.  It is also such a great opportunity to feel the spirit and help some of God's children come unto Him.

I hope everyone back home is soaking up the sun for me.  I'm just being chilled down to the bone here in Chile!

Love you all,
Elder Colby Eyre




No comments:

Post a Comment