Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, November 22, 2015

WEEK 16

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty good.  Everyone in my zone had interviews with the President Morgan.  We had to give him a five minute lesson in Spanish.   I felt really good about mine and I even went over the 5 minutes.  I felt like I was able to get my point across and not really struggle to much with the language.  It is crazy to think how much I have grown with my knowledge of the scriptures and teaching the people in the short three months I have been in Chile.  Looking back there is no way I could have done that in English let alone Spanish without the Lord's help.  I have learned so much and am thankful for this great opportunity I have to be here in Chile.  I am learning not only about the gospel but also Spanish!  




I was a little down this week when none of our investigators came to church ... again.  Both Marcos and the Diaz family did not show up when they had said they would.  We won't give up but will just have to work harder.  

Most importantly my Testimony is growing out here. It has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears but its coming and I'm so thankful for the time I've had here.  I love the talk by President Uchtdorf this past conference. The gospel really is so simple and I'm so thankful for it in my life.  I hope everyone is doing well in the states love you all

Elder Colby Eyre

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Had a great week!  Sunday I had the opportunity to confirm the Holy Ghost to my homie Antwon it was a great experience.  I was asked Saturday if I wanted to do it.  To be honest, I really didn't want too.  I kinda laughed and said you've gotta be kidding!  I barely know Spanish and have never done a confirmation before.  They also do it during Sacrament meeting that would be like 100+ people!  I knew if I said no I would be really sad afterwords.  So I said YES!  I was on my knees a lot Saturday night andSunday morning.   The other thing I was nervous about was his name.  Here in Chile they don't just have one or two names.  I had to practice Anthony's name over and over.  His name is Anthony Walter Carcamos Vargas I knew it would be hard to remember that when the heat was on!  Anyway it turned out to be awesome and I even got his name right.  I felt the spirit a ton and was so happy about it afterwards.   



The work on the mission is getting a little easier.  The thing that makes it hard is to stop thinking about home or what I'm gonna to do after the mission.  Haha turns out reading a whole bunch of Ensigns on temple marriage doesn't help!  My testimony is growing and it is something that is cool to watch but hard to have patience with.  

This week was zone conference with the mish president.  We freakin got Papa Johns Pizza and its the same as the USA!  I was in love and I also was with Elder Dickerson, one of my buddies in the MTC.  It was such an awesome day.

Today was also pretty cool we went to the Dunes.  It's a super pretty area and has beautiful views of the ocean.  We did a little exploring I was scared I might run into a huge spider.  It still doesn't beat being with the homies back in Utah but still super cool and I am starting to enjoy my time out here.  

I love you all including Jensen Pratt!  I had no clue you had your mission call to West Virginia.  That is so awesome.  I love you like a brotha. 

Love you guys more than you know,
Elder Colin Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment