Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Week 28

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre In Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty good.  Elder Aguirre and I have been working super hard to get our ward to start working with the missionaries.  The missionaries are a really big part of the ward here.



Right now we have this one golden investigator his name is Daniel. He's super awesome.  Daniel has his baptismal interview set for this Thursday.  I would love it if you could remember him in your prayers this week.  His entire family are members but less active.  We have been working with them for a while now so hopefully all goes well.


Nothing super crazy, we are just working hard everyday.  My testimony of the gospel continues to grow and I am so grateful for the Savior and his sacrifice for us.
I love all you guys and hope you have the greatest week.

Elder Colby Eyre

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:





A super week ended with a Super Bowl Sunday baptism ahhh yaaa! His name is Remijeo he is my amigo fiel y estoy super feliz por el but anyways I'm happy that I can be here and serve.  Remijeo is 15 years old and from the first time I met him I knew he had a desire to follow the example of Christ. It was pretty cool! We had an instant connection.  We had a baptism date set for last week but it fell through because Remijeo didn't show up for his baptism interview with my amigo Elder Miller.  This was the first time he had done something like that.  I was pretty sad but we kept working with him and he came to his baptism interview.  Another thing that was a problem was we needed his mom to sign that he could be baptized but she finally agreed.  It was awesome Sunday his whole family showed up to support him.  I was SO happy! I didnt baptize him a guy in the ward did.  It's better that way because then he will be more connected with the ward! I know that Heavenly Father can prepare people to hear the good word before we even get to them so thats cool!:)


Funny story, yesterday we did some visits with our Bishop.  We were walking home with him in the night and like a week before someone told me he is pretty much blind at night.  Well I totally had forgotten and we were walking home and he was holding onto my bag and my shoulder.  I was just like hmm weird but okay.  Then I noticed he was kind of tripping on a ton of stuff.  I was just thinking he was joking around and then he also stepped on a dog.  There are lots of dogs in the streets.  Now at this point I still hadn't remembered that he didn't see well at night.  Finally we get to his house and that's when I remembered hahahaahha it was sooo funny!  I had totally spaced it that he needed me to guide him!  Luckily in the real world we have the Holy Ghost that is our constant companion if we are keeping the commandments.  I am so grateful  for the opportunity to have the best companion by my side always helping me and protecting me! I still feel really bad for not guiding our Bishop home very well haha!

I'm so happy we could baptize Remijeo :) I hope everyone has a smokin cool week and I'm glad the Broncos won the Super Bowl!

Love,
Elder Colin Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment