Chile Santiago East Mission

Friday, February 26, 2016

WEEK 30

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

This week was super great and super crazy!  First my old comp,  Elder Aguirre is reunited with his family right now he finished his mission.  It was really weird to send Elder Aguirre home but I am so grateful that he was my companion the last 6 weeks of his mission.  He really taught me so much.  




The crazy part is that on P-Day I got with my new comp after Elder Aguirre left.  Well he had barely unpacked when President Morgan called and was like hey Elder Eyre you're going to train and you need to come to the mission office and get your new comp right now!  Then he tells me that the comp that I had for a whole three hours is going to go somewhere else.  My three hour comp was from Peru and he was super cool so I was a little bummed  to lose him.  So we booked it to the mission office to pick up my new comp.  We got to the mission office and thats where I met Elder Gorri.  He is from Argentina and he is super awesome!  I love him its weird to be teaching him and to now be the senior comp and trainer!!!  To tell you the truth it seems a little scary sometimes to think whats ahead but I know everything will be okay.  

Thanks so much for everyone at home and thanks for the continued prayers.  I  love you all sorry I wasn't given much time to write this week.  

Love, Elder Colby Eyre

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty sweet, next week we have transfers.  Elder Silva has 6 months in this sector so I'm pretty sure he will get changed but to tell you the truth I have no clue what will happen because our mission pres. is unpredictable! 





Somehow none of my emails sent last week so kinda sad about that haha!  Anyways the last two weeks were pretty good I'm just trying to keep pushing along.  I was a little sad I couldn't go skiing with the my whole fam last week my Dad finally went skiing for the first time this century and it happens to be when I'm on my mission haha nutzzzzz!   However I am glad that I can be here bringing others to Christ.  I know this is where I need to be.  

Back at home my Dad would always come in the house and just yell BOYSS and most of the time for no reason.  There is this guy that works where we live and he always tries to speak English.  He can only say a few words but we were leaving our appartment and we start walking and the guy comes flying around the corner on his bike and yells HELLO BOYSSSS with a huge smile.  I was just dying with laughter it was so funny! All I could think about was my Dad, I just loved it.

This week was legit we had a movie night with the ward and we watched this movie called The Cokeville Miracle its pretty sweet but after we had a dessert contest.  I made sugar cookies from a cookbook that a neighbor gave me in UTAH so thanks a ton SISTER Christiansen you're the best!  We made the cookies and there were six other desserts at the contest.  You won't believe this but our cookies were gone in like five minutes and I had made a ton haha!  They didn't really have a winner in the contest but really the missionaries totally won!  I'm pretty sure the Bishops wife was kinda bugged everyone loved my cookies the most and not very many people ate her cake.  It was pretty fun!

Anyways I'm just Teachin and Preachin in Chile its pretty cool.  My sector is kinda rich and so to be honest its hard to find new people because so many have the attitude of, "Ahhh I don't need something more".   Elder Silva and I just keep at the work.  I know with hard work we will find more people.  

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers they're the best and I'm so grateful.  Have a good week love you guys tons.

Elder Colin Eyre!

No comments:

Post a Comment