Chile Santiago East Mission

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WEEK 47

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was kinda crazy with all the soccer games going on Chile.  Everyone just goes nutz for this stuff!  It's pretty fun because the next day thats all they talk about.

On my mission I love to see all the miracles that happen every day.  I remember back almost a year ago at the beginning of my mission I hated sundays it was like the worst and such a long day.  I wanted to be home in my own ward and after play games with my family and also get the grilled cheese sandwich my dad always makes right when we got home!  Then when I got out of the MTC and got to Chile I just got hammered with people speaking a total different language even a little different than what we learned in the MTC.  Sunday's I just sat in church and had no idea what was being said.  I had no idea and it was just SO hard.  People would tell me to be tranquilo but I didn't even understand what tranquilo meant,  haha it means chill!  Today I realized that I LOVE Sundays!   I love having the opportunity to be with so many members and just enjoy the blessings of the church!!!

I know the words of the prophets are true in the Book of Mormon.  I truly believe that when the scriptures say that through Christ our week things will become our strongest. I know this because of my experiences out her on the mish!

Have a great week!
Elder Colin Eyre







This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been awesome but a little sad. My last comp, Elder Ries is living the Cali life back home with his family.  He finished his mission and left yesterday so that makes you think a little bit about home but its all good.   Elder Ries and I had a lot of really great times together and taught many great lessons!

My new comp is Elder Martinez from Columbia.  He is pretty cool, the only thing is he has me beat on the age, he's 25 yet I am the senior companion.  He really is awesome and I'm excited to work with him.

We also had to move today because we had four elders in our pension and there was an empty one.  We had to move to the empty one and so now we live in Pirque but are a good hour and a half bus ride to our sector.

I'm excited for this next week and the chance I get everyday to share this gospel!  I know how much the gospel can bless our lives and I'm so thankful that I can serve a mission. I hope everyone has a great week sorry I've got a lame computer and it wont let me send pictures!!

No comments:

Post a Comment