Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, June 5, 2016

WEEK 44

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

We had some good stuff this week!  We were able to go on splits this week and one was with my friend, Elder Jenson.  I love being with him because we have a lot in common and its always super spiritual.  We went to teach Daniel who has been close to baptism.  We had a great lesson but another problem is his Grandpa is Catholic and doesn't want him baptized, "Mormona."  It is crazy to think that two kids from the states who ten months ago knew nothing about Spanish are now teaching the people and loving it!

I also had a change with a kid that is from New York but his family lives in DRAPER UTAH right now!  He actually ended his mission today and I sent him on a mission to give a card to my family haha so hope that goes well!

There is also a lady that was way inactive and we actually saw her drinking in the streets a few months ago.  We have been working with her and now she is coming to church every week which is way cool.  It's awesome to see her have a change of heart and she just tells us she is so much happier, I love it.

The gospel really can work miracles in people's lives!  I'm so greatful for it in my life.  I know my family has received a ton of blessings from the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love  it so much and am grateful for the opportunity to be here in Chile. It is still hard sometimes but I am learning so much everyday and becoming a better person because of my mission :). I love you guys a ton have a happy summer because I will be back for the next one!!

Elder Colin Eyre







This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hola Familia!  This week was pretty good.  We have been working hard and are seeing the hand of the Lord in his work.

Saturday I got to go back to my old ward and area to see Ivory be baptized.  It was so awesome and everyone from the ward was there to support him.  The best part was seeing just how happy Ivory was.

It's crazy to see how happy this gospel can make a fourteen year old kid.  I love to see the blessings and happiness the gospel can bring into our lives.

I know that the church is true.  In D&C 88:63 it says, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you."  If we come unto Christ he will come unto us and we will receive so many blessings and so much happiness.

I love all you guys so much and hope you have a great week!
Elder Colby Eyre

PS.  I went to Ruby Tuesday for lunch today.  It was so good and I had an all American cheeseburger!  #ILOVEAMERICANFOOD





No comments:

Post a Comment