Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, May 29, 2016

WEEK 43

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty sweet.  We have been working hard everyday.  I know the harder I work the more Heavenly Father will help me in my daily studies and learning. I pray each day that not only will God help me in my studies but also in the lessons we teach.  I know he listens to our prayers.

We have a baptismal date set for this coming Sunday I'm pretty psyched about it.  My only worry is that this past Sunday he didn't show up to church.  He said his mom had given him sleeping pills Saturday night and he didn't wake up in time for church, so we will see.  We have a few lessons set up with him later this week as well.

After sacrament meeting on Sunday the first counselor in the bishopric came up to me and said, "Elder Eyre look at this pic!"  I looked at it and was SO happy.  There he was standing with my Bro, Colby.  I just love when things like that happen!

I love teaching the Chilenos.  Sometimes they have a hard time making church a priority   but its all good.  Thanks for all the prayers.  I love ya guys so much have a solid week!

Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been great being out in the middle of nowhere!  This past week we were doing interchanges and we had to take the bus.  Now remember I am new to the area and don't know my way around yet and the Elder I am with doesn't know the area either.  Well we got off the bus a little bit too early!  We had to walk about an hour to our lesson.  We just laughed about it!

I am really excited for this next week because my old investigator Ivory is going to be baptized.  I was a little bummed to be transferred before he was baptized but he really wants me to be there so the mission president gave me permission to be there.  I am really looking forward to that.

This past week we were visiting this less active family and we shared with them the Mormon Message, New Year's:Look Not Behind Thee.  I love the message of putting our past behind us and looking forward.  We can learn from the past but we shouldn't live in it.  The Savior atoned for our sins and because of that we can look forward with lots of happiness.  I am so thankful for Christ's atonement and I know that through the atonement we can make it back to our Heavenly Father and be so happy!

I love you all, have a great week.
Elder Colby Eyre




No comments:

Post a Comment