Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, May 15, 2016

WEEK 41

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Yay!! Got to call the family this week it was so sweet!!!  At this exact moment I'm at the internet cafe I'm pretty sure someone is playing Regina Spector, it's pretty bumpin!!
Anyways I loved talking to the fam I could feel the spirit and am so happy that Heavenly Father has blessed me with such an awesome family and friends.  Even my Bro Anthony joined in for a minute it was great!




Not sure if you remember the guy Alejandro and he came to watch conference with us in April. It was pretty sweet because he loved it and was so interested in the church.  Then it was like he just fell off the face of the earth and we haven't seen him since.  Then this past week he sent me this way sweet email and wants to keep learning the gospel.  He said while he was away he had broken some commandments but now wants to repent and change and be better.  He said he really wants to follow our guidance.  I had to explain to him that it's not our guidance but the guidance of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  It is the Savior and following him that brings us real happiness!  It is exciting to have Alejandro back and hopefully he will stay around.

I am happy to be out here serving, it isn't always easy but I know it's worth it.  Talking to the fam was awesome!  I love everyone and thanks for all the prayers!

Elder Colin Eyre

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this is Elder Eyre here again.  This week was pretty great because I got to talk with the fam on Mother's Day.  I am so thankful for all of them and how great they are to me.


Yesterday we had changes and I got changed to a branch in Pirque, Chile. It's an area right outside of Santiago in the mountains.  It is a huge area and I'm really excited to be serving here.  We actually have to take a thirty minute bus ride each day into the area.   Everyone says its super cool and pretty with lots of fields and open land.  It's the only area like this on my mission so that's exciting!

My new companion is Elder Ries he is super cool and he is from Murrieta, California.  Elder Ries is on his last transfer so I will be his last companion.  That great thing about that is I will be able to learn a lot from him.  I can already tell he has such a strong testimony and knowledge of the gospel.

Thanks for everything everyone does for me and for all the prayers.  You guys are the best, I love you all.  Lastly a shout out to my amazing mother it is her birthday this week!

Elder Colby Eyre



No comments:

Post a Comment