Chile Santiago East Mission

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

WEEK 40

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:






Hey family and friends!

This was pretty cool.  I had my birthday which was really great.  I had set my hopes up pretty low for that day so I wouldn't be disappointed.  The day actually turned out to be pretty great.  I could feel the love the investigators and members have for all the missionaries.

We got to work a lot with investigators this week.  The time flies when we are working with investigators and talking with people out on the streets.  Some days end and I'm sad that we didn't have time to get everything in we had planned.  It is crazy to me how fast the time is passing by.

My comp and I cut a picture of the temple up to make a puzzle.  We shared the puzzle and a message with a few less actives and they loved it.  It was awesome when they put it together and then we were able to talk about the temple and how important it is in our lives.  It strengthened my testimony of the temple and my testimony of eternal families.  I am thankful for the blessing of the temple and to have the Santiago temple in my mission.

I hope you all have a great week.  I love you all.
Elder Colby Eyre


This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:








I had a great birthday!  Earlier in the morning I was with Elder Jensen and he was a straight homie and made breakfast for us.   We also had root beer floats which my bro Colby had sent me root beer and and a new Chilean scripture cover.  I was able to open a package from my family that my comp had put under our Christmas tree that is still up.  It was pretty funny.

At lunch a family had invited us over and they were just awesome and had a small birthday cake for me they had made.  It was really good and so nice of them.

The rest of the day we didn't have any lessons set up and we were rejected a lot and not many people would talk to us!  However, today I realized that these two years aren't really for me.  These two years are for the Lord and that includes my birthdays and even Christmas.  I want to be able to say when all is said and done that I gave each and every day to the Lord to serve him.

I love each one of you.

Love,
Elder Colin Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment