Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, May 1, 2016

WEEK 39

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Chile Vina del Mar:

This week was pretty sweet!!!  A member from Orem, Utah took my comp and I to lunch.  He took us to Subway and it was so funny because they don't make the sandwiches like they do at home and this member was getting so mad at the sandwich guy for not making them right.  We had a great time and it was so nice of him to take us to lunch and so great to be with a member.  

On Saturday my old comp, Elder Silva ended his mission and his parents came to pick him up.  It was so sweet they only speak Portuguese and we were eating lunch with members when they showed up.  Elder Silva was SO happy!  It made me a little home sick but it was cool.  His parents are so nice and they wanted to take tons of pictures with me since I was one of Elder Silva's companions.  They were so excited to talk to me and everyonce in a while would speak really fast Portuguese. Didn't catch onto any of it!  Haha!!  





Chile is great I think our investigator Daniel will get baptized soon we are taking things a little slowly with him to make sure he understands.  It has been raining a ton and it kinda sucks to be in it 24/7 but its all good.  I'm grateful for water proof things like my coat! I love learning to be closer to Christ and everyday I try to be a better teacher.  I love you guys tons thanks for all the love!!!!!!!!

Elder Colin Eyre

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre In Santiago Chile:


This week has been pretty good.  We still have the dogs that are following us around.  We had a lesson this week and in the middle of it one of the dogs stuck his head in the door.  I'm sure just wondering when we would be coming out!!  After that I became distracted and it was hard to concentrate on the rest of the lesson.  I was really grateful a member stitched up my new coat that the bear dog had taken a big bite out of last week.

This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon!  The Book of Mormon is such a huge blessing in my life.  After finishing it for the first time on my mission my testimony has grown so much.  Watching other people read the Book of Mormon and see the change in them take place has also strengthened my testimony.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that as we read it our testimonies are strengthened.

Our investigators are doing pretty good.  We taught Ivory and Claudia this week and lessons are going well.

Thanks for everything everyone has done for me and all the love and prayers from home.
Elder Colby Eyre 








No comments:

Post a Comment