Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, April 24, 2016

WEEK 38

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good!  Sunday we had three inactive people come to church and our investigator Daniel also came.  I was pretty happy about that.  Daniel has been to church with us twice and is close to baptism.  However he has mild autism and so we want to make sure he really understands what he is committing to before we baptize him.  I feel like he really does understand everything but he is just a little bit slow. It was funny it poured rain all day Sunday and only half the members showed up for church.

Anyways Chile is pretty good.  The rain makes it harder to make contacts outside but normally the people feel bad that we are all wet and so they let us in.  It's a great way to get into the homes Haha!  Vina is really cooling off.  The cold is much different than Utah.  With all the humidity in the air it feels much colder and gets to the bones real quick!  Wednesday we have transfers so we will see what happens.

I am learning there is a big plus to being a twin out in the mission field.  I find that I don't really get mad  at very many things with my companion.  When ever we have disagreements I am able to shake things off pretty quick and that has been a great advantage.

Chile is sweet I love being able to grow so much here.  The longer I am here the more I think about Christ and his way to heal us and make us whole!   The other great thing is I love doing service.  Sometimes in the moment of service it might rip but when you are done it always feels so good!  If you have not seen the Mormon message "Lift" you need to watch it. It is about a woman who was diagnosed with MS and how the ward members help her.

Peace out and I love you all,
Elder Colin Eyre








This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey family and friends!

My comp and I had a great week.  Our investigators are still progressing. I feel like Veronica and Ivory are the closest to baptism so we will see maybe I will have two baptisms on my birthday - wouldn't that be awesome!

We have had so much rain lately.  Sunday it rained ALL day long.  When it rains here in Chile the streets turn into rivers.  On our way to church we had to cross this really big street that literally had turned into a river.  There were some guys with shopping carts that if you paid them they would cart you across so you wouldn't get drenched.  We didn't have any money to give them ...  So we swam!

A few nights ago we were on our way to a lesson when a member came to us and said her house had caught on fire the previous night.  We decided to go and get another member to come with us to help her.  On our way to that members house I had to go down this ally.  I was greeted by this massive dog that looked half bear half dog.  I walked past the beast trying not to look at it.  Then it came up behind me and tried to mall me!  Luckily I had on this large rain coat my mom had just sent to me.  It took a pretty big chunk out of my new coat :(.  I took off running to get to this gate - which was locked!  Now the beast was right in front of me.  I just closed my eyes and slowly walked out.  I can't believe I made it out alive.  I didn't know this but my comp had seen the dog and didn't even follow me in! - Heavenly Father does watch out for us!

On a spiritual note, one day when we had been out contacting with no success we decided we would stop and say a prayer.  Then less than five minutes went by and we found this guy and he really wanted to listen to what we had to say.  We even have another lesson set up with him later this week.  It was so great to have our prayer answered so quickly.  I know God listens to each and every prayer we offer to him.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me get where I am. I love you all!
Elder Colby Eyre







 




No comments:

Post a Comment