Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, April 10, 2016

WEEK 36

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:






Hey guys this week was great!  General Conference was super awesome.  You probably don't remember but last conference I had to watch it in Spanish and that was so hard for me but this time it was in English!  It was such a blessing I loved it and all the talks were just so great and the spirit was so strong!

This week we have been pretty busy working with all our investigators like Claudia and Ivory.  They are both still progressing toward baptism so I still have high hopes for that in the near future.

I loved all of conference but my favorite talk was Elder Holland's closing talk.

"Keep loving, keep trying,  keep trusting, keep believing, keep growing.  Heaven is cheering you on today, tomorrow and forever." - Jeffrey R. Holland.

I love this so much!  I know that no matter how many times we fail Christ always wants us to come back to him and he can heal us.  Heavenly Father is always there for us and is cheering us on. Thanks so much for everything you guys do for me back home I love you all!

Love, Elder Colby Eyre


This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:


This week was pretty sweet.  I saw some miracles happen and I mean who doesn't like miracles.  Thursday we were walking and just going hard in the streets when some dude in a suit comes out of his front door and calls us over.  I thought for sure he was going to try to sell us drugs.  Then he starts telling us that yesterday he had gone to an institute class and they talked about heaven.  He then said he just loved it and wanted to know more!  We were like uhhhh OKAY!  We then set up an appointment with him for the next day and planned to teach him at the church.  We met him Friday and had a great lesson on the restoration which was pretty awesome.  After that successful lesson we invited him to Saturday's General Conference.  He came and loved it and then showed up for Sunday's conference as well.  I was like holyyyy smokes, I know Heavenly Father had put us in just the right place at the right time and he was so ready to hear the gospel.   I actually didn't watch conference with him he went with Elder Pan because I wanted to listen to it in English.  Afterward Elder Pan said he had not only listened to all of it but took lots of notes!  During conference one of the apostles testified of what Elder Pan and I had shared with him about the restoration.  Our investigator showed us his notes and had written WOW I guess Elder Pan and Elder Eyre were right!

I just love to see people progress.  I know that God works miracles.  Conference was the best it was the first time in my life that I didn't want it to end.  Elder Holland's talk was one of my favorites.

"Please remember tomorrow and all the days after that, that the Lord blesses those who want to improve, who accept the need for commandments and try to keep them, who cherish Christ-like virtues and strive to the best of their ability to acquire them.  If you stumble in that pursuit so does everyone, call on the Savior to help you and keep you going."  Jeffrey R. Holland

I'm so glad to belong to a church that is led by living prophets and apostles.  I know this is the true church!  Anyways love you guys tons thanks for everything that you do and for all the prayers.
Love, Elder Colin Eyre






No comments:

Post a Comment