Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, April 17, 2016

WEEK 37

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:


This week was pretty good!  First of all I experienced a small miracle with my iPod!   Remember here in Chile the power is different, just ask my bro Colby he ruined his electric toothbrush his first week here!  Anyway I plugged my iPod Nano straight into the wall without using my power converter.  I have seen so many missionaries do it this way so I figured I would be ok.  Wouldn't you know it my iPod did not power up and just seemed completely dead.   I was like Oh Nutzzz!!!  I was so worried I grabbed my converter and plugged it in again with that.  Nope still didn't turn on.  I was SO sad.  I mean this is the only semi normal thing I still have electronic wise.  I have my mormon messages, my church music and great stuff like that on this little device.  I just prayed and hoped that night that it would work the next day.  Guess what?  Yep the next day it turned on.  I really felt like God worked a small miracle for me.  I was so happy and grateful :)

Another great thing that happened was a fifteen year old kid we had contacted on the streets earlier in the week showed up at church on Sunday.  We just love when this happens.  Now we did find out that there is a girl that goes to church that he knows.  I hope that wasn't the only reason he came but it was all good.  Then we have been working with a menus activo (inactive)  this week and she also wanted to go to church.  I was SO happy.  It was such a great feeling to be walking to church with someone that was coming back after being away for such a long time.  Then there is Alejandro who came to watch General Conference with us we are still working with him.  We didn't see him this week because he was headed to Santiago to study.  He called us while he was gone and asked where he could get scriptures!  He also just wondered how we were doing, so cool!  I told him my twin bro was somewhere in Santiago and to go find him.  When he called he said he wasn't able to find an Elder Eyre in Santiago.  Oh well maybe next time.  

Yesterday we got to eat dinner with some dude from Orem, Utah.  His name is Molina and he is here visiting his brother for a few weeks.  It was great talking to him.  He left me with some great advice.  Something that I know I need to work on.  He said I just need to love the people with everything I have.  I know that I need to do this and everything else will fall into place. His advice was awesome.
 
Thanks for reading this long letter, love you guys tons!  I hope utah is heating up cuz Chile is cooling down!

Love, Elder Colin Eyre

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey Guys this week has been pretty good. We had Stake Conference Sunday and an area seventy came to speak to us which was awesome.  We were able to get our investigator Ivory to come to the conference as well.  

Now here is the crazy thing.  Our other investigator Veronica had an infected wisdom tooth.  We set up for a member to help her and take her to the hospital.  So this member and Veronica were just talking about the procedure they would be doing at the hospital.  Well anyone that knows me knows quite well that I don't do well discussing or seeing any thing to do with any type of medical procedure.  The next thing I know I can feel myself getting light headed.  I'm thinking crap I can't pass out! I've been taught a few techniques over the years to help me not pass out.  The first one is to cough, so I start making myself cough and I'm now thinking this isn't working and I know I'm about to go down so my last resort was to squat.  Veronica and the member are still talking and I am just squatting and my comp is looking at me like I'm a real weird-o.  Then Veronica says Elder Eyre you are white as a ghost!  Well my squatting worked and I didn't pass out but I was SO close.  They all thought it was pretty funny when I told them why!  Wish me luck Monday because we are supposed to be getting a flu shot.


Today we were waiting for the bus to take us home after buying groceries.  Then this taxi pulls us and the guy rolls down his window and says Elders where can I take you?  It turns out he is a member of the church.  We get in the cab and then he says either of you from Utah.  I let him know that I was and then he tells us he is moving to Utah in May. He told us that his family had been robbed last week and that they had taken everything of value except they didn't find the money they had saved to move or their passports.  He said he knows his family is supposed to be moving and this was a confirmation that they were doing the right thing.  

One of the great things about the mission is meeting so many different people and hearing their cool stories.  We hear so many different things from members and investigators that always help to strengthen my testimony.  To be on a mission is such a blessing!  I hope everyone has a great week back home. I love you all!

Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment