Chile Santiago East Mission

Saturday, September 17, 2016

WEEK 59

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good!  I'm pretty sad that BYU lost to Utah but it's okay I've got a lot of time to walk it off and think about my investigators :)

Sunday was pretty cool because two of our investigators came to church.  It just made me really happy to see them walk into the chapel.  I have also learned that if an investigator comes to church they always need a ton of people to be their friend. It makes them feel so much better.

We are teaching this eight year old boy who's mom is inactive.  He doesn't really count as an investigator because he is eight.  Anyway it is still really cool because he and his mom are coming to church and he wants to be baptized.  It really has opened the door for a lot of blessings to come into their lives!  The gospel really is a big helper to our happiness :).

Life is good here in Chile!  It's almost the 18 de Septiembre so it is kind of like Chile's 4th of July!  They will throw big parties and eat a lot of meat so that should be fun!

I love everyone and hope all is well in the States.
Elder Colin Eyre




This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey Family this week was pretty fun!  Our branch celebrated the 18th of September (which is like 4th of July for us) with a BBQ and fun activity.  We were able to get an investigator to come with us which was great.

The other exciting news is we have a baptism this Saturday with my little amigo Sebastian.  My comp is going to baptize him and I will be confirming him this Sunday. I am pretty pumped for this weekend!

Today we had changes.  I kept my companion Elder Martinez but we picked up another missionary, Elder Lopez, who needed a comp.  Now we're cruising around like the three musketeers:). Elder Lopez is from Argentina and seems to be pretty cool so far.

A miracle this week happened on Sunday.  It was fast and testimony meeting and one of our investigators got up and bore his testimony!  It was so great and my comp and I were in total shock.  It was awesome!

Hope all is well back home.
Elder Colby Eyre



No comments:

Post a Comment