Chile Santiago East Mission

Monday, October 3, 2016

WEEK 60

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey family this week was pretty good!

We had a baptism and it was way awesome. The parents were there and I could tell they were touched by the spirit at the baptism.  I hope that we can get them baptized soon too.  On Sunday I was able to confirm him a member of the church! It made me so happy to be able to confirm him.   The day was a little crazy because I also had to give a talk right after in sacrament meeting and it was also my first time confirming someone.  That being said, my mind was in a million places at once, haha! It all went really well.

We went to lunch with a couple and the wife is less active and her husband is an investigator.  It was great we had a BBQ and it was way good.  This next week the wife wants me to make cookies for a family home evening.  Pray for me so they turn out alright!

Everything in Chile is awesome its finally starting to warm up so thats sweet!  I love the heat even though sometimes it kills my energy.  It's been such an awesome week.  I can't tell you how many times I have felt the spirit and that makes me so happy!
I know that as we follow the Savior's teachings we will feel the spirit and become closer to him.

I love all you guys at home have a great week!
Elder Colby Eyre



This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty cool because yesterday was the 18th of September which is kinda like the 4th of July here.  Many party way hard and drink a ton of beer!

This past we had a miracle because a lady we have been teaching is really nice and always wants to go to church.  Her husband isn't really into it and doesn't like her coming.   Anyway we called her Sunday to come to church with us and she said that her husband was sending her out buy food for the party.  Then she said she would try to sneak in a few hours if she could.  We were sitting in church and she showed up and it just made me really happy!  Her cousin is also a member and she just loved the experience too!  I hope that they can both keep coming.

Mission life is good.  I'm happy to be with my comp, Elder Hammond.  He is just a solid friend here and we just talk all day.  Hope all is well and if you have time please read Luke Chapter 6 - it is the best!

Love you all and have a solid week :)
Elder Colin Eyre


No comments:

Post a Comment