Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, October 23, 2016

WEEK 63

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good!  I have a new comp, Elder Arias, that is from Ecuador.   It has been fun learning how the people from Ecuador are.  He is pretty humble and a good teacher so its cool to learn from him.  I have to add I definitely loved my time with Elder Hammond!

Anyways, this week we have been working with a lady named Cory and she has two kids.  One is named Ricardo and the other is Darlin!  They are both pretty cool and Ricardo is preparing to be baptized. We have taught them several times and its been cool to see how the gospel has started to help them.  I have already noticed that they are all so much happier!  Yesterday Cory told us that she has noticed the gospel help her son Ricardo act much more calm so that was awesome!  I love being a part of helping others better themselves in this life and teach them the gospel :)

I hope everyone in Utah is



enjoying their time and loving the fall leaves because we're going into summer right now! I love everyone a ton and hope you guys can have a great week!
Elder Colin Eyre





This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:


Hey everyone back home I miss all you guys so much, but I'm also happy to be here in Chile preaching the gospel!

I think the best part of my week was a lesson that we had with this family we have been working with.  The wife is less active and the husband isn't a member.  We have been trying so hard to get them to progress and grow their testimonies.  In the past we have talked about the Word of Wisdom and they know about it but were putting it aside.  This week we talked about baptism and we told them that they need to follow the Word of Wisdom.  The Dad was like I know that it will be hard but I'm willing to give up alcohol!   My comp and I were both so excited!  After the lesson they always offer to feed us so we were eating after and the Dad poured his wife a glass of iced tea.  Then the wife said to her husband if you are going to quit alcohol then I am going to quit iced tea!  Honestly that made my whole day but then to top that off they came to church and the wife got up and bore her testimony!  I was so happy, just a few months ago she hadn't been to church in ten years!  I can't tell you how much this strengthened my own testimony and brought such joy to my heart.

I know that the church is true and that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us. Thanks family and friends for supporting me on my mission.  I love you all and have an awesome week!



Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment