Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, October 23, 2016

WEEK 64

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was good my comp and I saw a huge miracle with a less active family.  We invited them to come to church and they accepted and brought their kids.  They are so happy to be back and want us to help prepare their kids for baptism.  We also had a random contact in the street and invited them to church and they came!  It was pretty cool and made me so happy.

This past week we also needed to give a blessing to a guy who happened to be in the hospital.  Now if you know me, right about now you are thinking Colin doesn't do well in hospitals and usually he passes out pretty easy!  I couldn't say no but just as we got to the hospital I started to feel sick.  We headed up to the guys hospital room and that's when he starts telling us all about his surgery.  At this point I am literally sweating bullets.  I couldn't take anymore of the story so I interrupted to tell him we had come to give him a priesthood blessing.  I am trying with all I have not to pass out and I begin to give him a blessing.  The moment I lay my hands on his head I felt great and knew I was going to be ok.  Then mid blessing I realized in all my trying not to pass out I forgot the blessing oil!  Yep, I had to start all over!  It was pretty embarrassing but my comp and I had a pretty good laugh on the way home!

Things are going well here in Chile and I can honestly say I am enjoying the time! It is always cool seeing how the gospel blesses people so much!
Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey everyone this week has been pretty great!  This last weekend it rained a ton.  I just happened to be the only Elder with a rain coat and an umbrella so I felt like I needed to share.  I gave two other elders my umbrella thinking my coat would keep me dry, I mean it is a rain coat!  Well no such luck it lasted for about two hours and then I felt like I was swimming in a pond shoes and all!  When we arrived at this ladies house to teach we looked like a couple of wet dogs so she gave us towels to dry off.  I do love the mission, rain and all!

Other than that it has been a pretty normal week.  I have learned to love the gospel so much being out here.  I have also learned to love the people of Chile, especially where I'm serving right now.  I have been able to teach so many.  Sadly, next week we have changes so we'll see if I go or stay but either way I love the gospel!

Have an amazing week everyone you guys are the best!
Elder Colby Eyre






No comments:

Post a Comment