Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, October 9, 2016

WEEK 62

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Colin didn't write this week, but he LOVED conference!



This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:
    
 Hey guys this week has been pretty great here in Chile.  By far the best part of the week was watching General Conference!!  I loved it and I got my way into the English room too!  My comps were telling me that I should watch it in Spanish with them but I was like, no way English will be much more enjoyable.

I felt the spirit so many times in Conference.   I loved the talk about the Book of Mormon that a Seventy gave.  I think it was in the Priesthood session, but man it was so good and I also loved that he talked about the different ways that we can see that the Book of Mormon is true.  He said for some people it comes super fast and for others really slow.  However the promise is always there that it will come if we have the faith to read it and pray about it.

Another one that I loved was from Elder Nelson about Joy and how we can have more Joy in our lives.  I loved when he said, "when the focus of our lives is on Jesus Christ and His gospel, we can feel joy regardless of what is happening or not happening in our lives." I loved that quote because I have found that so true on my mission and finding people that are here in Chile.  There are so many that are so faithful to the gospel and they have so much joy in their lives because of it.  I also see on the other hand there are people that aren't so faithful and do half the job, with half the faith and I can see a big difference in the joy and happiness in there lives.  I hope that all of us can be a little more faithful, me including haha! I know that we can have more joy in our lives!

Have a great week everyone at home i love you all.




No comments:

Post a Comment