Chile Santiago East Mission

Monday, October 3, 2016

WEEK 61

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good!  Funny thing, I was giving a blessing and right before the blessing I recited the words a few times with my comp.  I'm not sure what happened with my concentration but I started out reciting the baptism prayer.  It was a bit embarrassing but after my comp and I got a pretty good laugh from it.

This week we have been able to teach a lady that has been drinking tea for a very long time.  She just stopped drinking tea so she could keep the commandments and it was just a solid miracle because I know it has been really hard for her and is a sacrifice but its pretty cool!!!

We have also been teaching another kid named Ricardo he is eight years old. Ricardo really wants to be baptized and comes to church every week with his mom.  It's pretty fun he loves to play a game called Ninja after and always wants me to play.  It looks kind of like Fifa.  He was pretty sad when I told him we can't play video games but I told him it's all good!

I hope life is good in Utah and everyone can enjoy the fall:)
Elder Colin Eyre









This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty awesome.  It's pretty fun being with two other missionaries all the time.  We have been getting along pretty well as a tri-companionship.  Elder Lopez is teaching me some stuff on the guitar which is great!  I got the guitar at the beginning of my mission but haven't touched it since.  I'm hoping that when I get home I can sing some sweet hymns with the guitar haha!  I know it's a dream but with faith anything is possible!

In my sector we take buses every day and man they are so crazy flying over speed bumps, drifting corners and everything you guys have in mind haha!  I am not kidding! My comp and I were in the bus and my comp took his hand off the rail he was holding on too and right then the bus slammed on the brakes and man my comp went flying! It was pretty funny after because he was okay and didn't get hurt.  After I was like hey man you let go of the iron rod so that's why you went flying!  I really thought about it after, it is really so much like our own lives.  When we are living the gospel we are holding onto the iron rod.  I thought that day if we take our hands off the iron rod or stop following the commandments trials can come at any moment and can throw us around and hurt us so that is why we have the commandments and that is why we always need to obey and follow them because we never know when the trials will come.

Well that's was my spiritual thought this week.  I hope all you guys have an awesome week and hang onto that iron rod. I love every single one of you!
Elder Colby Eyre







No comments:

Post a Comment