Chile Santiago East Mission

Friday, November 4, 2016

WEEK 65

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was good and my comp and I had so many great experiences!

We have been working hard and preparing an investigator for baptism.  Unfortunately by  the end of the week he was not able to get baptized as we thought.  We have had many family nights with him and other families from the area to help him feel a part of the branch.  I feel pretty positive that in the next few weeks we will be able to baptize him.

Our P-Day was pretty fun, we went on a hike up in the dry hills of my sector.  I included some pics of it.  Chile is seriously such a beautiful place. They do have some hard core big cactuses and they are scary!  At one point a little one went in my foot it was just the worst haha!

This week we have interviews at our house with the mission president so that should fun.  Anyways I hope everyone will be able to have a way fun Halloween and that all goes well in the USA!  Love you tons and peace out!







This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty good! Today I transferred to a new area.  I am now in an area called Los Chayavientos.  I am pretty excited to start working here.  I will say at the same time I am sad to leave my old area because it was so awesome.  With the new area came a new companion.  He is actually pretty cool and has only been on his mission four months.  He is from Georgia.

I wanted to share an experience I had this week specific to prayer.  I was talking to another missionary and he was telling me some pretty cool stories that he has personally had about prayer.  Afterward I was like hey I've got to put this to the test!  That same day we had a really important lesson to teach to all girls.  The mission rule is that a guy has to be present.  We can't just go into a house if a guy isn't there.  In my head I was like stink, what are we going to do!  Well I knew exactly what I was going to do.  Before we left our pension my companion and I said a prayer.  I specifically asked that before we arrived to the house to teach the lession we could find somoeone to come with us.  After our prayer we left walking to the lession knowing that if we got there and there wasn't a guy we couldnt even teach our lesson as planned.  The entire time I was walking with all the faith I had knowing that the Lord wouldn't let us down.  I began calling people in the ward to see if anyone could meet us at their house.  I knew that I needed to do my part if I was going to ask Heavenly Father to do his.  Well guess what when we were about 3/4ths  of the way there we got in contact with a member to come with us.  I knew without a doubt it was a straight miracle and direct response to my prayer!

 I'm so thankful for the opportunity that we get everyday to talk with our Father in Heaven.  I want to invite everyone that you can be more specific in your prayers because I know the Lord will respond to them and help us out!

Thanks everyone back home.  I love you all!
Elder Colby Eyre






No comments:

Post a Comment