Chile Santiago East Mission

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

WEEK 68

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

My comp and I had a good week!  It was our last week of the change so we tried to work really hard and teach lots of lessons.

We also witnessed a small miracle that was pretty cool!  We have been teaching a lady for a few weeks which has been great.  However she works on Sundays so she can't go to church and thats a huge bummer.  Sunday we were walking to church and we saw her.  She stopped and told us that she had found a new job and will be able to go to church so that made me very happy!

The work here in Salamanca is hard sometimes and right now it is really hot.  The awesome thing is that the people are very loving and the branch is starting to grow!

Thanks for the love from everyone back home.  I know it's almost Thanksgiving so I hope you all can be chillin and eat a huge turkey!  Have a great week Utah love ya tons:)



This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been really awesome.  We were able to go to the temple with a recent convert for the first time to do baptisms for the dead.  My companion and I were the witnesses of the baptisms.  It was super awesome to be able to see a youth that is only fifteen go to the temple for the first time!

Our mission also had the great blessing to have Elder Rasband come and speak to us.  He spoke about being more attentive to the spirit and paying more attention to what the spirit is saying to us.  It was really amazing to hear from an apostle and be able to shake his hand afterward.  His talk really made me want to improve and rely more on the spirit and pay attention to it.  I know that when we do we can be more effective as missionaries.  One thing I have learned is that its really not what I do that converts the people but it is us inviting the spirit in and listening to it.  When we do this it helps the person feel the spirit and then they can be converted by the spirit.  Hope that makes sense!

Before Elder Rasband came in President Morgan asked all two hundred of us to not talk and not move before Elder Rasband came into the chapel.  It was silent and no one was moving.  We were just excited to hear from an apostle of God.  Then I see one of Elder Rasband's security guys walking towards me and I realized it was Brother Porter from my stake back home.  He motioned for me to get up and come out with him.  I wonder what all those missionaries thought!  I was just so happy to see a familiar face from home.   We talked outside for a minute and he gave me some treats from my family!  It was awesome, I got some strange looks when I went back inside :)

Love all you guys back home have a great week.
Elder Colby Eyre


No comments:

Post a Comment