Chile Santiago East Mission

Monday, June 5, 2017

WEEK 95

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week was pretty awesome with some crazy things that we did. I'll tell you one story that happened.  Well to start you all probably know that my twin and I are terrible with doctor stuff and we drop like flys when we see anything that has anything to do with a hospitals haha. Well this week I was working with another elder in my mission named Elder Rose.  He actually got home from his mission today but in his area there is a huge hospital that was built in like World War II time period it's legit and way sketchy!  Anyway theres a lady that they are teaching that his been in the hospital for two months now.  They had a lesson with her that day and I was like aww man this is gonna be crazy and on the way there I was like hey man I might passout in there so if you turn around and I'm not behind you thats why haha!  When we got there I just looked at my companions feet the whole way to the ladies room.  We got to her room and it was huge with at least ten other people that were pretty messed up.  We started teaching her and I could tell I wasn't going to last long.  I sat down in a chair and we kept teaching and I just kept playing it off that we had ran up the stairs and I was tired but when we finished the lesson I was white as paper.  We chilled there for a while and I coughed in-between my knees to get some blood to my head.  As soon as I could we ran out of there because we were both pretty scared of that place.  That picture of me and the other missionary is of us running down the stairwell to get out of the hospital!

On the spiritual side of things I've been thinking a lot about a talk from Elder Uchtdorf this week that he gave about not looking for the glory of man but of God. It really got me thinking about the importance of not doing good things only to get the praise of other people, and the importance of serving others out of our love for them and for God.  Thats one thing that I have grown to love. Serving others can bring us so much happiness in our lives and even more when we can feel that the Lord has accepted our service.

I love all you guys back home so much and I hope you all get a little laugh from my email haha until next week.

Elder Colby Eyre





This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was good but also a little long my comp and I are working hard to be able to see a lot of miracles and help other people.  I have an awesome companion.  He has this old monkey mask that looks like an old man from far away so sometimes he gets me pretty good with it!

Right now I'm reading in Ether and it's cool because we can realize that just by having faith we can open a gate to see many miracles.  Just like when the Brother of Jared saw the Lord's finger, kinda weird but its super cool! I mean who wouldn't want to see the Lord's finger haha!!!

I love all you guys so much and I'm grateful for all the emails love you guys a ton have a good week!

Elder Colin Eyre



No comments:

Post a Comment