Chile Santiago East Mission

Saturday, December 12, 2015

WEEK 19

This Week from Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week has been crazy but also super slow for some reason. The most exciting part of the week was finding out all the missionarys that work in the office and my mission president and his wife saw my bro!  I was beyond


jealous about that haha.  Hermana Diaz, my mission president's wife was super happy to come find me and show me pictures on her iPad of Colby.  I just might have smiled bigger than I ever have on my mission!  My bro is killin it in Santiago and I love and think about him every day.  It is just crazy how small the world is! 

This week I got a new comp, Elder Rogerson.  He was born in the Ukraine and was adopted when he was four years old by an American family.  His dad is the Secretary to an Ambassador of the United States.  Elder Rogerson has literally lived all over the world.  Elder Rogerson is 21 years old.  He is also super formal probably because he has been around government people all his life.  One really great thing is he is always lifting me up and that has helped me a ton.  He has been out eight months now.  His last area was about six hours north of ViƱa del Mar.  One thing I have noticed is every missionary interprets the missionary rules a little differently and so his views are a little different than Elder Diaz so that has been an adjustment this week.   What I do like is I am able to do most of our planning for the day because I have been in the area for the last four months and so I guide us all day.  We have been doing lots of contacting and its cool because we meet a lot of people from all over the world and hear lots of different stories.  I also found out that my comps best friend trained my bro in Santiago.  Elder Rogerson is great and I love the change.  


Anyways the week was good we have the challenge this week to invite seven people to baptism so that should be fun haha!  I love you all my testimony is strengthened every week.  I have been sick this week and even lost my voice which has never happened before.  It was a great joke to use during lessons this past week with my voice sounding like a twelve year old boy.  I am feeling better now.   

All is well love you guys tons, 
Elder Colin Eyre

This Week from Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been super!  I have learned a ton and also had a lot of change. I got a new comp this week, Elder Aguirre.  It used to just myself and Elder Collins in our apartment.  Now there are four of us.  I had to rearrange my stuff a little to make room for them.  I now live with three missionaries all from Argentina.  It's great, one of them is pretty funny and knows a good amount of English.  It's pretty funny he likes me to teach him words and stuff  haha!  My comp,  Elder Aguirre is super awesome he only has three months left on his mission so he knows a ton.  I am trying to learn all I can from him.  It is super cool to be in lessons and hear him teach he is just SO good.  We work really well together and we are doing a good amount of contacting.  I just can't believe how much I am learning it is awsome. I also was changed to a different area in my ward.  I was a little bummed because I'm not teaching Martin and Vincent anymore but I still get to see them at church so thats good. 


My sweet mom sent me some things to read about Christ every morning in December.  I loved the one this morning about "Fishers of Men".  They dropped their nets and followed Christ.  In the world today those nets represent anything that pulls us away from our relationship with our Heavenly Father or from His restored church.  Christ is calling for us to follow him is these last days and we need to be able to drop our "nets" and follow Christ. I just really love that.

I am growing so much on my mission.  I hope all of you guys who read these emails of mine will remember to drop the things of the world and follow Christ. I love all of you and hope you all can have a great week! 
Love Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment