Chile Santiago East Mission

Friday, December 18, 2015

WEEK 20

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good.  My comp and I are pretty different but we get along really well and it has been fun getting to know him better.  I also feel like we work really well as a team.  He has been out just eight months so I feel like we are growing together.  He is great! 

Thanks for everyone who has written me letters for my advent calendar it is super fun to read every day and it seems like the letters just keep getting better and better. 

One thing I am trying to do is not do my will but God's will.  At times it can be hard but really I'm out here for him and not for myself.  It is much easier said than done but I am trying to work on that.  Example, I really don't want to give a church talk in Spanish but it shouldn't matter cuz it's not my will but the Lords.  I am super lucky cuz I haven't been called on to give a talk yet haha.  Anyways I'm happy to be serving the Lord most of the time.   

With my new companion we are trying to focus on new members and investigators.  It isn't always easy to contact new people but I know we need to work on that.  I just love the members and being in their homes so sometimes it's easy to just hang out with them and not be out contacting.  So that is what we are working on - new members and investigators.  

I have been writing in my way sweet journal every day.  I know I don't remember all my stories on P-Day so when I get home I will remember all my awesome experiences from my journal!  

This week one of our investigators was telling us that his way of prayer is through meditation.  I was trying to explain just say Dear Heavenly Father but he just doesn't get it.  He just won't do it so we are going to work with him on that this week.  One scripture that I read this week and love is in Mosiah 3:19 

 19 For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father.
I love this because it talks a lot about putting off the natural man and it can be hard but I know that when we do that and do Gods will we are blessed.  Thanks for all the prayers they help more than you would know.  I love you guys a ton and have a stellar week! I'm in normal clothes right now and feel weird haha.  

Peace out homies,
Love Elder Colin Eyre 

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week wasnt that interesting sorry nothing to great happened. 

I want to share a scripture I read this week in district class.  It's in Mosiah 2:41 

41 And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

It just seems so simple.  I love that it talks about never ending happiness when we keep the commandments.  I know that this is so true and that when we keep the commandments we will really all have so much happiness in our lives and we will receive blessing after blessing. 
 
Today I went on a hike with the missionaries in my zone.  It was in a really touristy part of Santiago.  I sent a pic of it.  Well I ran into some people from the USA!  I stopped and talked to them in English they noted that I use si instead of yes.  I thought that was sort of funny.  I  hope I dont forget my English haha! 

I love you guys all so much and I hope you guys have a killer week.

Love,
Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment