Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, March 20, 2016

WEEK 33

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was super!  Elder Pan and I just hit the streets hard all the time and the other thing I love about him is he is so funny!  His only downfall is he always smells like B.O.  I know I should probably tell him to use some deodorant but I just don't want to be rude.  My zone leader was like dude you gotta tell him.  I think the Europeans just don't wear deodorant so it's normal for them.   Anyways our room kinda smells so the windows are always open but I'm going to go buy a candle or something haha! 


This week we were out in a rich sector of Viña.  We were just knocking on doors and normally we are just rejected.  There is this one nice house that I have seen several times and just can't imagine anyone ever answering the door.  We decided to knock.  An eighteen year old Chilean girl answers the door.  Turns out she lived in New Jersey for most of her life.  I knew right away that she was one of those people that has totally been prepared by the Lord to hear the gospel.  She is really interested in hearing the lessons but wants permission from her parents first.  I am really hoping we will be able to teach her this week.  Then totally off the subject her Dad has a solid dope truck that looked 100% American parked out front.  I asked them about it and told them I thought it looked like it was from the US.  It was pretty funny they had bought it in New Jersey and brought it back to Chile!  

One of the hardest things for Chileans is to get them to church on Sunday.  They like to sleep in on Sundays and here in Chile the church even starts at 10:00am.  I am just like come on people its not that hard but for some reason it is hard for them.  I pray every night the people we are teaching will come to church!  



Chile is pretty great. I am starting to make contacts in places I have already been and I have had a few people tell me I have already been to their house.  Next time that happens I will just tell them it was probably my twin bro.  Funny thing, we do have to go the the passport office every few months to check in and sign some paperwork.  Anyway last time I went the guy was like hey you were just here yesterday!  I was like oh that must have been my brother, I'm a twin.  He gave me a real strange look.    

Sunday I have to give a talk in church so kinda nervous about that I really could use all your prayers.  My talk is on missionary work and how the members can help us.   

The mish life is legit we just work so hard everyday and when we come back at night we are worn out!  The great thing about that is I sleep good.  I love everyone so much you guys are the best and I hope everyone has a way good week! ;)

Oh and last week we made german pancakes from my solid recipe book.  I had no clue they were german pancakes until we looked in the oven and they had puffed up a ton I was so excited.  I guess you could say I'm a solid cook!  Thanks for teaching me mama!

Love, 
Elder Colin Eyre

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week was super awesome.  We've been working really hard and finding lots of new people to teach. Cloudia is doing great we moved her baptism date to March 26th because we haven't been able to teach all the discussions to her.  I really feel like she is doing great and learning so much.    

We also have this investigator named Veronica.  She is a really neat lady and it was a miracle finding her.  A  few weeks ago when I was with my old comp, Elder Aguirre, we were walking down the street.  Suddenly my comp was like hey I think I just saw a hand come out of that fence and wave at us!  I was like sweet lets go!  It turns out she has been looking at several different churches.  She said she has always believed in God but wanted to learn more about our church.  We made an appointment to come back and teach her.  We also left her with the Book of Mormon and asked her to read 3 Nephi Ch. 11.  In that chapter God testifies of his Son Jesus Christ, we learn about the Atonement and that we need to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost. Then the next visit she was like now I understand I need to be baptized.  Wow we were so excited, like way awesome! We are continuing to teach her.   

Update on the dogs:  Yesterday we walked an hour to the Stake Center dogs following us the entire way.  Then we took a bus home to leave the dogs there...haha then today we came back to the Stake Center for an activity and they were waiting for us outside!!!  Its all good we took the bus home again today and we're praying they can't find their way back. 

I hope everyone has a great week I love you all!
Elder Colby Eyre







No comments:

Post a Comment