Chile Santiago East Mission

Saturday, March 26, 2016

WEEK 34

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good.  I gave my talk Sunday!  I was so scared and when I gave it I didn't look down at my notes once.  I really felt like everyone was listening.  It was a real solid talk on being an example to others with missionary work.  I was so happy because during my talk I was very calm and not at all nervous like I was just before.  There are these twin ladies in my ward that are like fifty-five and they were both just smiling at me and so interested in what I was saying and I don't know why but that really helped me too.  I honestly felt like everyone was listening and that made my talk worth it.  Even after church at lunch this lady was talking to me about my talk and asked me about some of the stories I had told.  She was just so interested in my story it made me so happy!  I think the ward members really like Elder Pan and I.  Everyone is so friendly and likes to talk to us :)

Sunday we also had an investigator actually show up for sacrament meeting.  His name is Antonio he was able to hear my talk and afterward I had just a big smile on my face to see him out there in the audience.  

Sometimes this mish is still hard and I think wow it will be forever until I'm back in Utah drinking an ice cold rootbeer but its all good!  I know being out here and working hard is where I should be and brings great blessing to those we teach and also to me!

Thanks so much for all that you guys do and for your love and prayers.  Have a solid week friends peace out!

Elder Colin Eyre

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

This week has been pretty good.  Elder Gorri and I have been working hard and it has paid off!  We had a lesson with Claudia friday and it went so well we asked if she felt ready for baptism and she said YES!  She was a little nervous about the baptism but we calmed her and she is now excited.  It is scheduled for this Saturday at 5:00pm.  Guess who she asked to baptize her?...Elder Eyre!  I'm excited to do it but also scared mostly because I don't want to mess her name up.  The Chilean's have super long names.  Claudia has like four names but I am so excited it's going to be an awesome day!

I was reading in the Liahona and there was this talk that I read that was about trials. This guy tells a story of his daughter and that when she was little they watched Nemo all the time together.  As she got older she served a mission in Santiago.  Yep so at this point he has my full attention haha!  She had trials on her mission but got through them and later in life got married and also continued to have trials.  What I loved is that when she would go through the trials he would always tell her that, remember just like Dori says in Nemo, "JUST KEEP SWIMMING!"  As I read that it hit me that in life's trials we just need to persevere and not give up.  Happiness will come and the sun will rise.  All we need to do is keep trying and always get back up when we get pushed down!  This gospel is so great and can take the weakest and make them strong. 

I know this gospel is true and I know that Gods plan for us is a plan of happiness with a few trials along the way. haha!  I love all you guys so much and I'm so thankful for everyone at home.  Have a great week, I love you all!
Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment