Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, December 11, 2016

WEEK 71

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good we have been working a ton.  We have been working with Hermana Margot's family.  They are a large family of eight and are originally from Peru.  One of the kids, Joel has already set a baptism date so that is super exciting!  The family is just so nice and the dad even gave me a real cool shirt for a gift :)

We are also working with another family and they aren't able to go to church but they feel really good when we share our message with them which is awesome:)  I know the Lord is blessing us so much and if we can have faith in him we can recieve many blessings through the gospel of Jesus Christ!

I had to go to Viña this week which is like five hours away from my little pueblo but it was fun and I learned a lot.  I had to do a ton of contacts in the night which is just walking around and talking to people.  Well we met some Chinese dude that didn't speak any Spanish haha!  It was way funny because I said in Spanish to him, "Hey we have a present for ya!" Then he speaks back in English, "Umm I don't speak Spanish!" I was like, "Hey that's ok I speak perfect English too!"  It was pretty funny :)

I'm happy so happy to be on the mission but I still miss the family and the snow a lot:) Anyway, love all you guys so much have a good week.
Elder Colin Eyre



This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been super awesome!  I love the new Christmas video of Light The World that the church put out.  We have been having lots of fun and have been sharing all the Christmas cards with tons of different people in the street and it's super fun to do! I can't tell you how many times I've seen the video but every time that I see it I can definitely feel the spirit and I love it.  I can feel the love the Lord has for us and how important it is to show that same love to people around us by serving them.  I know that by serving people we will not only be able to light our own lives but also the lives of the people we serve.  I invite everyone to go to mormon.org and see how you can light up the world. 

This past week I have been studying about our Savior so that I can grow to be more thankful for what he has done for us.  I know that thanks to him we can have eternal families and can have lots of joy in our lives!  I love all of you guys so much back home and hope you all have a Merry December and can remember to light up the world with Christ!
Elder Colby Eyre



No comments:

Post a Comment