Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, January 8, 2017

WEEK 75

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good.  We had changes and I was really sad to leave Salamanca.  The people here have been just so nice and love the gospel.  I have also had such a great time with my bro comp Elder Arias.

It's been a while but I am back close to Viña now in a place called Villa Allemana and its pretty cool.  My new companion is se llama Elder Cheney and he is from North Carolina.  We have been working really hard here so we can get some baptisms.  The ward I am in is super big and so its going to be hard to learn everyones names but I'll work on it!

The other exciting thing is I will be seeing Elder Salazar at least once a month now at Zone leader meetings so that has been awesome!

New Year's Eve was pretty cool, a family invited us over for dinner which was really nice.  The members are always so nice to the missionaries and I am so grateful for that.

A favorite scripture of mine is John 14:6  "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."  - that's pretty cool!

I hope every one had a Happy New Year and can enjoy their lives.   Love you guys a ton.

Elder Colin Eyre






This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week was really awesome!  My comp and I had dinner this past week with a lady in our ward that is retired and she spends a lot of time in the temple.  After dinner we shared with her and her family some cool videos the church puts out on the life of the Savior.  After she said she had a story she wanted to share with us.

She tells us that this past week when she was working in the temple a group came by bus that had traveled ten hours to Santiago just to go to the temple.  One of the members on the bus was invalid or in other words couldn't walk.  He really wanted to do baptisms for the dead but he never has had the chance because he can't walk.  When he got to the temple he asked to speak to the temple president.  After speaking to the president he was given permission to have two men help him down into the font so he could do baptisms.  Then she said after they had done the baptisms with the youth this man just walked out of the font on his own two feet without any complications!

I know that miracles really do exist today and that we can always find them if we open our eyes to see them.  When this sister was telling the story I could feel the spirit testifying to me that the church is true and that God loves each and everyone of his children.

I love all you guys back home and I hope that you guys enjoy all the snow - it's hot here!

Elder Colby Eyre


No comments:

Post a Comment