Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, January 8, 2017

WEEK 74

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

It was a good week for Christmas here in Chile.  It was awesome being able to call my family!  It's nuts to think I have been out 18 months.  I still have a lot of work to do so no one email saying I'm almost done!  I was thinking how much I really have changed.  Sometimes its hard to see the change but during the Skype with the fam I really could see that maybe I have changed a little bit and it just made me so happy!  I just remember last Christmas all I wanted was to do was be with my family and open presents but this Christmas I didn't really care.  It was so weird I just didnt even think about opening presents and it was awesome and I could see how the Lord has changed me and I'm so grateful!!!  I loved seeing the family and knowing that everyone is good! I love each and everyone of them!

This week was awesome we have been teaching a huge family from Peru.  They are so cool and loving.  I was able to baptize a little guy named Joel.  He is awesome and loves being with us.  I know he will be a good future missionary!  It was fun being able to baptize him except I screwed and had to do it twice.  I didn't really get embarrassed I just laughed whoops and got it perfect the second time.  It is funny now his mom does a ton of jokes with me about it and says I can't baptize her because I screwed up - so ruthless but she was joking haha!

Anyways the work is progressing here in Salamanca and we have changes this week so I probably will change sectors but all is well and I'm happy to be here.  I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year:)

Peace out ELder CoLin eYRE







This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Christmas was awesome this year.  I missed all my friends and fam back home but I could really feel the love from everyone here.  We started out with the "Noche Buena" of Christmas eve.  Here in Chile the Noche Buena is more important than Christmas Day.  We also had a baptism Christmas Eve day which was the best.  Later this awesome family in our ward invited us over to have dinner with them which was super nice.  They have a son that served a mission in London  and has been home 6 months.  It was really fun talking to him.  Just before we were leaving to go home they gave us each a gift of some nice cologne.  I just loved it!  Last year we didn't get anything from any members. Haha!  I was so happy and surprised so that was a great start to Christmas.

Christmas Day my comp and I made a ton of cookies with M&Ms in them and it was super awesome  because after we went out and just gave them to all of our investigators.  It was fun to see how happy it made everyone to get some Greengo cookies.

Thanks everyone back home for supporting me out here on the mission you guys really mean the world to me.  I hope that everyone had a super Christmas!   Enjoy all the snow back home, and have an amazing week.

Elder Colby Eyre








No comments:

Post a Comment