Chile Santiago East Mission

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

WEEK 88

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This past week we had permission to visit my comps last area.  It just so happens to be my good friend, Elder Salazar's area.  We had a great visit and also made sure to get in a great lesson.  It was so much fun.  

We also had a baptism set this week but on Sunday the Sister called me and her son who was getting baptized was throwing up all night.  We ended up giving him a priesthood blessing which was pretty awesome.  He will probably get baptized next week.  

I just loved General Conference on Sunday.  It was kinda weird to think that it was my last conference on the mission -  but its all good:)   I loved the last talk from Elder Cook.  When he  talked about the adversary and how many times when we face difficulties then we start to progress.  Having struggles is part of the refiner's fire and helps us to become better and grow. 

I hope that everyone is having a great time in the USA, love you all a ton:)
Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Whats up family and friends way back home! This week was really fun and pretty great because it was Conference weekend! I'm pretty sure all the missionaries in the world will write home this week about how awesome it was.  I figure I will jump on the chance and do so myself haha.  I loved all the talks that were given in this conference. I especially loved the one given by Elder Costa.  He gave a talk for all the investigators and I loved it because it talked so much about all the basic principles you need to be baptized.  He talked about repentance and how nothing draws us closer to Christ than a desire to change.  The other awesome thing was we had some investigators that came to that session and heard Elder Costa's talk.  I was just jumping up and down inside when I heard it because it was perfect for them to hear.  Afterwards we were able to visit the investigators and I asked them what talk was their favorite and they both said the talk from Elder Costa!  We challenged them both to be baptized and they both said YES!  I think the coolest thing was just how perfectly the Lord does his work and how the Holy Ghost works with all of us because Elder Costa's talk was exactly what they needed to hear and all it took was a little push from and us and they said yes. 

I love the gospel and I have learned on the mission how the Lord knows each one of our needs and he will provide for them if we just accept him.  I love all you guys back home so stinking much and I hope you have an amazing week.

Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment