Chile Santiago East Mission

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

WEEK 89

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty great!  We were able to baptize two people.  The first was Benjamin who is just a little kid and he is so awesome.  Then we baptized Emilio who is seventeen, he is really big and so funny. I just love him, he is like a bro.  I love being able to help these families out so that they too can have an eternal family.   

My comp and I are working really hard and its fun.  We have a lot of people to teach and we should have another baptism this coming week.  I am loving the work and I know that God always wants to bless us in every aspect of our lives

Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Whats up family and freinds! This week has been pretty fun. In our ward we were able to do something that is called an Open Chapel.  It's kind of like an open house for investigators.  We set up a few things in the chapel for people to be able to tour and learn a little bit about our church.   Before the Open Chapel we had passed out over 400 fliers during the week to invite people to come and learn.  We had also given them to members to invite non-members.  We hoped everyone would come and meet the mormons haha!  When the Open Chapel started there wasn't a soul in sight.  There were only a few members and the missionaries!  Luckily we had a few other missionaries come from other wards so we all went out in front of our chapel trying to contact people and invite them to come in.  We were able to talk a good amount of people to come in and take a tour.  It was just funny knowing how many fliers we passed out and not a single person come to see the open house because of them!

On the bright side of things today we were able to go to the temple and do a session.  I got really lucky because when we were just about to get there I realized that I had forgotten my recommend.  I told my comp we were going to have to do some amazing sweet talking to get in.  I even thought how I would act so they would have sympathy for me and let me in.  Well it didn't work at all but luckily they got a hold of my mission president and they were able to let me in!   It is just so awesome because every time I go to the temple my testimony strengthens about families and that they can be forever. That is why it is so important to keep our promises with our Heavenly Father so we can receive all the blessings he has in store for us. I love you guys all so much back home have an amazing week!

Elder Colby Eyre









No comments:

Post a Comment