Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, July 2, 2017

WEEK 98

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Well this week was good and crazy!  First we almost had a baptism with a cool little kid on Monday.  We had a signature from his mom that he could be baptized and my comp and I were so pumped.  We passed by his house on Wednesday and this Grandma comes out and tells us she is a Jehovah's Witness.  She was so mad that her grandson was going to get baptized.  She told us her daughter would be excommunicated from the  Jehovah's Witness church if the kid got baptized.  Then on Saturday the grandparents took the kid to a different city so he couldnt get baptized.  Man I couldn't believe how hard core they were.  We aren't going to give up on the family so we will see what happens.  

This week I am getting changed to another sector in Valparaiso.  I am really excited but sad at the same time because I love my sector that I'm in right now.  I will be there for 3 weeks to train an Elder to be a leader in the mission.  I am pretty pumped about that.  It's actually fun helping others.  

I am glad I'm here and I know that God is always blessing us:)

Elder Colin Eyre



This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey family back home! This week has been really good. We got the chance today to visit a really cool lake in the Andes Mountains today. We took a two hour drive up the mountain to get to it but it was really cool.  It was a little cold with all the snow and it being winter time here in Chile!

On a spiritual note its been a great week. I've been studying about the Atonement and the happiness that we receive when we apply it to our lives. This week I read a talk given by Elder Neilson about the Atonement.  It has been awesome to grow my testimony about the power of it.  I think the thing I love most is being able to share my testimony with others.   I love to see others apply it to their lives and also gain a testimony about Christ and His plan he has for us to repent for our sins, to grow, and progress then come back to him, through the atonement. I know that the way for us to obtain happiness in this life is through it. 

Have a Rad week I love you all!

Elder Colby Eyre





No comments:

Post a Comment