Chile Santiago East Mission

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

WEEK 10

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:


Hey guys I'm back! This week was good. I tried to put my cooking skills to the test by making some banana chips.  It was not as easy as I thought ..... the turn out was let's just say not banana chips haha! Today I bought some chicken from the local butcher.   This was a first for me.  I boiled me some nice pollo.  I  think it turned out alright I actually haven't eaten it yet so I will let you know how it was next week. 


General Conference was definitely a challenge. Our area was the only one that had to listen to conference in Spanish.  They felt we needed to improve our language skills. It was rough I was disappointed to say the least. I picked up what I could which wasn't a whole lot.  Anyway I'm over it now! Next month I'll get the Ensign/Liahona with the talks in English. 


I love you guys all so much and really the scriptures are the place to turn to for comfort.  Don't every doubt that!


Love, 
Elder Colby Eyre

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This past week has been much better for me.  I was able to learn so many things.  It was the first time in my life I have ever watched every session in General Conference.  I learned so many things and was able to grow so much from it. I am not saying my mission isn't a trial it is still hard.  It is still hard to be here and work every day.  However things are getting better I just loved conference.   The words are true when President Eyring says that tomorrow will be better than today! It's getting better I am able to see with better eyes. This week I am starting to learn that the church really is true.  It has always been hard for me to believe in the spirit.  I just thought those crazy stories of the spirit were just going to happen anyways.  I'm gaining a testimony that it really was the spirit.   I loved the story of President Eyring's father.  Hearing that, it would have been impossible if the spirit was not guiding his father who was looking for a church in Australia.   His father wanted to take the sacrament and literally the spirit guided him to a small church.  That is seriously incredible. I know right now the spirit is guiding me all the time.  I'm not very good at following it but I know that as I strive to be better and be in tune the spirit will guide me more because I know how to listen to it. During conference I also got to chill with the people de la officinas and that was sick haha!  They all just gave me so much advice and I loved it so much.   The church is true, I sure don't know everything but its coming little by little.  Line upon line, precept upon precept haha its coming!







I am also able to realize that this gospel helps people.  We have this investigator named Felipe.  He is 26 years old, inactive but served a mission.  At first he seemed not so happy just chillin at home.  We have brought him back to church and he now has a calling as a missionary for our ward.   He goes and does missionary work with us and I truly can tell he is happier.  I know its because of the gospel and the Light of Christ.   It is weird but he has also been helping me so much.   I  told him how hard it has been to be out here away from my family, learning a new language and all this stuff.   After I told him that he said you are different Elder Eyre.  You are not like the average American.  He told me how sincere he thought I was.  That alone made my entire week.  I am trying so hard to be sincere to everyone.  I do not like to lie I just want to be straight up.   Felipe awknowledged that in me and that has helped me become better.   He said every mission is hard in the beginning and that it gets so much better! 

One crazy story,  I was in Concon teaching this lady that is super smart.  She was way cool when suddenly this handicap kid runs up to me and gives me a huge hug.  His parents came and took him away from me.  At the end of the lesson his mom comes up to us and starts saying why the church is not true.  She says she has all these problems in life and thinks God has forgoten her.  Thats about all I could understand with my limited Spanish.  Anyways all of a sudden I hear splashing and the handicap kid has pulled his pants down and just starts peeing everywhere.  I was dying, it was so funny!  

I love you guys so much.  I know we go through trials to become stronger.  I still miss the fam.  I see huge mountains and say if I wasn't a missionary I would be skiing or mountain biking in those mountains or mad chillin with my friends!  Have a great week!
Love, Elder Colin Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment