Chile Santiago East Mission

Friday, October 30, 2015

WEEK 13

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys!

This week has been a little slow with the lessons.  We have done lots and lots of walking. The weather is starting to warm  up so being outside is super nice!

On Monday we got to have a big Family Home Evening with three other member families.  We were able to share with them the importance of sharing the gospel with others.  It was a super lesson and a shout out to my homie Anthony!  I mentioned him in the lesson and just shared a little about Colin and I sharing the gospel with our Bro Antwan. I loved sharing that!



Also this week we were able to get the Diaz family to recommit to baptism which is great.  I just need everyone to pray that they come out to church this week!
 
The church is true!  I know that pretty much everyone that will read this letter is Mormon but you guys can all share the gospel and change the life of someone by sharing it with them.  You are all so great and I love all of you have the best week ever.

Love, Elder Colby Eyre


This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:


Hey Family and Friends!

This week was pretty good I still have some hard moments.  I know that with time I will have an even greater love for the gospel and realize that it really does change peoples lives.  Now that is a super cool thing to be apart of I just gotta have patience haha! 

Two days ago we were walking in the streets looking for contacts.  This lady walks past us so we tried some contacting with her.  She tells us that she doesn't want to be Mormon because we believe more in José Smith than Jesu Christo.  We thought that was pretty funny and then she started to tell us that the Word of Wisdom is dumb because god smoked and drank haha!  I  was like holyyyy smokes what bible are you reading!  She said she reads from the Catholic Bible.  We did clarify that God didn't drink and smoke and then we left her alone.  It was super funny!

This week we also did service for some members that needed help weeding.  I was excited, thought it would be just like home when one of the ward members was like hey watch out sometimes there are huge tarantulas  in the weeds!  I was like NUTZ!  Then he said they mostly stay in their holes until it gets hot which is like in December and January.  I was still just dying every time I pulled a weed! 

Anyways on a spiritual note I was reading 3 Nephi 15: 9 "Behold, I am the law and the light.  Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life."  I know that we will have hard days but if we endure the hard times well and endure to the end all will be well!  This gospel is legit and I'm thankful I have the opportunity to share it.  The members here are SO good to me and I'm blessed.

Love Elder Colin Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment