Chile Santiago East Mission

Saturday, January 9, 2016

WEEK 23

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was great, it was a little different with New Years.  We got to watch the movie Cokeville Miracle on New Years Day.  It was pretty cool and the movie is dece just a little cheesy but who doesn't like a little cheesy movie every once in a while, right?!  Viña does one of the worlds biggest firework shoes and this week we were able to see the show at midnight.  We got permission to leave out sweet apartment and see the fireworks.  They were amazing we watched them from Valparaíso.  I got some pretty sweet videos and it was something I will remember forever!

New Years day there were many drunk people in the streets.  It was kinda sketchy but super funny haha!  Anyways we were on our way to see the movie Cokeville Miracle when some drunk dude passed moaning and groaning.  He was really close to us and I didn't even want to look his way.  All of a sudden when he is just a couple feet from me all these pesos come hauling past my face.  I turn and he had just hucked them at us like point blank it was nutz!  Somehow not one peso hit my face.  I was like holy smokes the Holy Ghost just saved me!  Inside I was like wow I really do have help from the Lord.  Then I look at my comp and he was feeling his head and he had gotten hit by just a few of them and it had broken his skin slightly.  We were both pretty shocked that I hadn't been hit because I was right in front of the man.  It was kinda scary but we continued on our way and didn't let it ruin our day.  

We also were able to teach Roberto y Romina this week.  Roberto is heading down south for 2 months to build a gym so I'm sad about that because he was really progressing.  I don't think Romina wants much to do with the church.  I'm grateful for the time we did have with them and hopeful we can teach Roberto when he returns.   

The mish is good it's still hard sometimes but I have learned SO many things about the scriptures and teaching the lessons.  I know if I keep trying I will be able to progress even more. I just gotta put my shoulder to the wheel and push along haha!  

Thanks for all the prayers you guys are awesome love ya tons peace out!
Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty good.  We couldn't watch all the fireworks because we had to be in our beds by 11:30pm New Years Eve. It's all good, it was fun to hear them going off while laying in bed haha! 

We have had some great success with the Fierro family this week.  They are really an awesome family.  We are teaching the brother and sister.  Their mother is less active but the kids are really interested. We have invited them to church this Sunday so we are praying they show up.  

Everything in the mish is great.  I'm learning more than I ever thought I would and thats awesome!   l hope you guys are loving the snow in Utah! Thats one thing I do miss in January especially when its 90 degree weather here in Chile. 

I love all you guys and hope you have a great week.
Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment