Chile Santiago East Mission

Monday, January 4, 2016

WEEK 22

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was good I loved talking to the fam on Christmas!  It definitely got me home sick haha but it went away fast. Funny I had a hard time speaking Spanish after.  We went way over the forty minute time limi. Man the time just flew by.  I loved every minute.   


 Thank you to everyone who sent me things for Christmas. I got some sweet stuff. I really loved my American flag socks!   It was hard to be away from my family on Christmas. One time my comp got ice and a cheese grader to make some snow it was pretty funny. 

This week we found two gold investigators.  We contacted them on the street and had a meeting with them the next day.  We got to their house which looked like a box on top of a shack.  It kind of looked like a treehouse. Inside it was actually pretty nice inside.  From the looks of things inside I think he pirates movies for a living.  He served us lemonade and a Christmas cake which was so nice of them.  He and his girlfriend asked us pretty funny questions like are Mormons allowed to dance but they did seem pretty interested in our message.  Hopefully we will be able to teach them again.  

I am excited for New Year's Eve we get to watch a huge fire work show so thats sick.  Anyways I love you all so much.

Love,
Elder Colin Eyre







This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:


Hey guys this week has been super awesome.  I got to talk with the fam and that was definitely the highlight. Christmas Eve was awesome we had two dinner appointments I thought I was gonna die after haha but its all good. Then on Christmas we did some solid contacting that night with Christmas hand out cards we were able to pass several out.


Right now we have two investigators that could be promising. The first one was funny because we contacted this girl and her boyfriend. She said she wasn't interested at all but maybe her sister would listen. So she grabs her sister, Leslie and her sister's daughter, Fernanda.  They were both super interested and we were able to teach them the first discussion.  Leslie said she loved the first lesson.  We had to teach them on their patio because a guy wasn't there.
Then the second contact is Katy.  We contacted her a while ago but this week she actually let us in her home.  We were able to teach both Katy and her son.

This morning I was reading the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi chapter 31.  It is when Christ is baptized.  There are so many great things in it but I love the part about enduring to the end.  Being on a mission isn't always easy.  I know if we can always read the scriptures, go to church and pray we will always have a strong testimony.

Love you all,
Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment