Chile Santiago East Mission

Saturday, January 16, 2016

WEEK 24

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty sweet! I got some gnarly foot insoles haha. I have been having knee troubles and the doc said a new insole will help right now.  It is really uncomfortable but all is well and I just keep walking.  We are also having transfers this week and I will be transferred so I won't have to walk so many hills each day.  I am sad to be changing because there are so many members in the ward I just love.  I know I will be somewhere close to ViƱa because I have been doing physical therapy each day to try and strengthen my knee and the mission president wants me to continue to do that.    




Yesterday I was able to give a blessing to a sick kid named Joshua.  When I ended the prayer I was trying to say god loves you a lot but what I actually said was I love you a lot!  It was funny after Elder Rogerson said dude I'm pretty sure you just told Joshua you loved him a lot!  We got a good laugh out of it.  I am always working to improve my Spanish that's for sure.   

This week we invited this guy to baptism he has had the missionaries for a long time but we felt inspired to teach him about families.  Afterward we invited him to baptism and I was shocked when he said YES!  I told him he needs to start attending church so we will see if he comes this next Sunday.   

I am really just trying to enjoy my mission in Chile and get more involved with the work.  My testimony is growing through hard times but I know that what I learn will bless my life forever and also the lives of others! Thanks for all the love and prayers.  I hear the Utah snow is awesome right now. 

Love everyone tons! 
Elder Colin Eyre

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty good!

Today for P-Day we went and did a tour of one of the professional soccer teams in Chile, Colo Colo.  They are Loco Loco legit!  When theres a game the people go crazy its great! I will be honest REAL SALT LAKE´s stadium is by far way cooler haha. 


With missionary stuff this week has been pretty good.  We found this lady named Sintia, she's what I call a golden investigator.  Sintia accepted a baptismal date and it's set for the 20th of February.  We have a second lesson with her tonight at 7:00pm  I am praying she will be in her house haha. She is super awesome and she has two kids ones really young and doesn't talk.  It was funny during our last lesson he destroyed his face in yogurt, it was all over!  Sintia also has a twelve year old daughter.  I think she is also interested in being baptized.  I am really looking forward to tonight and just pray all goes well.  They would be a really neat family to have in the gospel.  I really felt like our last lesson with them went well.   

Also this week we had transfers.  Lucky for me nothing changed. I will still be with the three Argentine amigos!  I was worried because I kind of have a stock up of food and I would be sad if I had to leave that behind but its all good everything is great down here in Chile.

I hope you guys have a great week love you all! 
Elder Colby Eyre

No comments:

Post a Comment