Chile Santiago East Mission

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

WEEK 52

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Had the BEST WEEK!  We were very busy and got a lot done.  First we had a baptism and it was super cool because the guy has been drinking alcohol and smoking for the past 30 years!  The missionaries have been teaching him for a long time but this week he stopped doing it all!  I'm not sure how he did it but he did.  I know Heavenly Father has helped him because he couldn't have done that on his own.  During his baptsim interview he was just like, " I won, I won, I won!"  It was so awesome!

Saturday we had a huge activity with our zone.  There was a church open house and the missionaries just give a ton of tours it was cool.  My comp and I were in the baptism font room explaining baptism and inviting people to get baptised which was just awesome.  It is so cool to be guided by the spirit, we asked some kid to get baptised in front of ten people and he was like uhhhh ya I'll do it!  We should be teaching him this week too.  It was definitely a great day especially being there with all my friends I have made in my zone.

 After the activity we baptised Oscar and the whole zone stayed to watch.  That was just so awesome!  I really felt like there were so many miracles Saturday.  We also have another baptism scheduled next week.  Her name is Janira and she is just so hyped to be a member of the church and be baptized.

It has been so cool to see my prayers being answered and knowing that people are making decisions to get baptized.  That single decision will bless them forever and it just makes me happy!  I love everyone so much.  This past week was my dad's birthday so everyone shoot him a text because he is the best!

Love,
Elder Colin Eyre





This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey familia!  This week has been pretty good.  We've been having so many lessons with new investigators which is really fun.  I love being able to talk to people who want to learn more about the gospel.

This week we had dinner with a family in my branch.  The Barrales family is super cool and one of their sons served in Ivins, Utah!  We shared a message with them after dinner and we also asked them when was the last time they felt the spirit.  It really turned out pretty neat and every single person shared when they feel the spirit.  After they asked us when we felt the spirit last.  I thought for a second and then said well being a missionary we feel the spirit a lot.  Then I told them the last time I felt the spirit was when each one of you shared your testimony with us.

I love being a missionary and that I can hear so many testimonies each week.  Testimonies of others always helps strengthen mine and testifies to me that this is the true church of Jesus Christ.

Love,
Elder Colby Eyre


No comments:

Post a Comment