Chile Santiago East Mission

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

WEEK 56

This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hola Amigos!  This week was pretty awesome we saw many miracles but my favorite was  Saturday night we were in an area in our sector that we rarely go to. We were headed to visit a less active.  When we got to his house no one answered the door but we could see someone playing video games inside.  I really don't think he could hear us because his game was SO loud.  Me being a stubborn child kept trying for at least ten minutes.  He never did come out so I stopped trying and thought for a few minutes and felt like there was another place we should be.  I thought of other people we might know that lived near by.  That's when I remembered and old investigator that lived forty walking minutes away!  That is where we headed.  We got there and this Grandma answered the door and what she was saying to us didn't make much sense.  We were just about to leave and then the old investigator came out and invited us in!!!  He told us that he had been wanting to talk to us again and had even been looking for our phone number to call us.  I know that we were guided by the spirit to visit him.  Then on Sunday he and his son came to church.  It is just so cool to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.  I know that if we always follow God  he will always guide us to where we need to be.

Have a good week!
Elder Colby Eyre






This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Elder Hammond and I had a great week doing lots of teaching!  Most of the churches here have big soccer fields and it's nice because we gather up the kids on the street and play soccer with them right next to the church.  It is a great way to introduce the kids to the gospel and pretty fun at the same time!  However my knee doesn't last very long so I cant play much but its still pretty fun!!

I also witnessed a cool miracle this week!  We taught this girl last week and had another appointment with her this week.  That too is a miracle but not the one I am about to tell you.  Before the lesson I really felt like I should call this lady to also come to the lesson with us.  I call her up and she agrees to come with us.  When we walk into the church and the girls see each other they are like, "WhAT?!?  - we are cousins!!"  My comp and I just looked at each other like wow!  It was pretty cool and we both knew God had put that into place.   The girl is really going through had times and doesn't have much support from her family.  Yesterday we were able to give her a blessing.  I hope she will be able to be baptized.  It sure is great to see how the gospel can help and change people so much.

This week we have changes and I possibly could be changed from my homie Elder  Hammond but we definitely have had fun times and much success.  I love you all and I hope everyone enjoys the start of a new school year! :)
Elder Colin Eyre






No comments:

Post a Comment