Chile Santiago East Mission

Monday, August 15, 2016

WEEK 54

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty crazy!  Elder Hammond and I had a fun time we invited every person we saw to get baptized.  We will see who shows up for church on Sunday! 

One of our days contacting we went out with movies from the church and started giving them to people.  It turns out the Chilean people really love gifts!  It was funny because we gave out twenty movies and then the next day one of our investigators was like hey so the movie you guys gave me had no disk in it, Hahaha!  I guess we had been giving out just movie covers.  It did give us a good laugh.  I am sure some of the people were like ahhh those Mormons.

One of my favorite scriptures is Jacob 4:6 
"Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea."

It is so cool to see people start with hope and to make decisions to come closer to Christ.  I have seen people change their lives for something that is way better - the gospel of Jesus Christ!

I love you guys tons and I hope everyone has a good week:)
Elder Colin Eyre


This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

This week was pretty great hear in Chile.  First of all it warmed up a little so that was really nice.  Second, we have a new investigator we have been working with.  It always makes me so happy but at the same time so nervous that something will go wrong.  Then when they show up for church I am just SO happy!

This week I got to go the the temple and feel the spirit of the Lord so strong.  Then I also had a great tender mercy.  I was leaving the temple and this Elder started yelling my name.  I had no clue who he was.  Then he said he was from the Viña del Mar mission.   Then Colin's mission presidents wife from Viña came over with some of the other sister missionaries to say Hi!  It is so awesome to me when I have these experiences on my mission.  It makes me so happy knowing that I've got my twin bro so close and one of my best friends Elder Salazar also in Chile.

Love you all back home and have a great week.
Elder Colby Eyre




No comments:

Post a Comment