Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, February 26, 2017

WEEK 79

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week we saw a miracle happen.  We worked really hard and wanted to contact people in the streets and invite them to baptism.  Right away we met this sixty year old lady and she was actually very interested and wanted to hear our message.  After that we were not able to find her and a week went by.  Then my comp tried calling her and she answered and was happy to meet with us again and even set a baptismal date.  Sunday she came to church and talked with our bishop about being baptized.  It was pretty awesome.

I am so happy I can be here and I know that the Lord really can prepare people before we even talk to them!  I love ya guys a ton you are all the best!
Elder Colin Eyre




This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week was pretty great here in Chile. I love being here and being able to preach the gospel.

This past week we had a really good meeting about preaching more about repentance.  After that President Morgan spoke and talked about how Satan is very clever and he does not want us to repent.  He wants to make us feel like it is not necessary or make us feel like God doesn't want us to talk to him because of what we have done.  In Moses, God asks Adam and Eve after they hid from God and he says, "Where goest thou?"  I love that because the only thing that God cares about is where we are going.  He always wants us to look forward towards God and Jesus Christ so that we can overcome our sins and progress so that we will be able to be more happy.

 I'm so thankful for the opportunity to repent every day and try and become a better person. I have also found that when we do this we will be much happier and have a ton of joy!

We have a baptism this weekend.  Her name is Paz.  We are pretty excited about it.  I will send some pics next week.

Thanks to everyone back home for everything you guys do for me.  I'm thankful to my bro and for all the missionaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment