Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, February 26, 2017

WEEK 78

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar:

This week was pretty good.  We were able to go to a few of baptisms that were in our zone so that was fun.  My favorite part is that I always can feel the spirit so strong every time I go to a baptism and I love that!

 Nothing too crazy is happening here except for the fires.  Where I am there have been so many fires like way more than California has.  Anyway it has smelled like smoke for days and we hear fire trucks all the time.  I think the firemen are real pros by now, haha!

I am loving my mission and being able to serve.  Hope all is well at home :)
Elder Colin Eyre






This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this week has been pretty good. I got a new companion that I am training his name is Elder Diaz. He's from Peru and is really cool.  Elder Diaz is new to the mission so it has been a little hard for him to get into the swing of things like walking all day... haha.  He is doing great and I am learning from him too!

This week I had a really cool experience.  A member had given us a reference and so we were out looking for their address.  I had this impression that we needed to go visit this other less active family.  On the way we stopped by a members house who lives near so they could help us find this less active families house.  Well the less actives weren't home so I felt like we should go back to the members home.  They invited us in and we were able to share a scripture and message with them.  They also have a less active daughter and she stayed and listened to our message. The next day after church we had lunch with a family and the mom said that a lady in the ward came up to here and said that her daughter had been going through a really hard time and that when she woke up on Sunday she wanted to go to church with her family for the first time in months.  When she said that I realized that it just happened to be the family that we had visited the night before and had shared a message with their daughter.  I knew right then that we had been guided by the spirit to visit them.

On my mission I have learned that the Lord sure works in mysterious ways sometimes.  I know that when we are attentive to the Spirit we can witness some really cool miracles.

Thanks everyone back home for all you do for me you really are all the best.  I hope everyone is enjoying the snow ..... I sure miss it haha!

Elder Colby Eyre





No comments:

Post a Comment