Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, February 26, 2017

WEEK 80

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

Hey guys this week was pretty great here in Chile. I love being here and being able to preach the gospel.

This past week we had a really good meeting about preaching more about repentance.  After that President Morgan spoke and talked about how Satan is very clever and he does not want us to repent.  He wants to make us feel like it is not necessary or make us feel like God doesn't want us to talk to him because of what we have done.  In Moses, God asks Adam and Eve after they hid from God and he says, "Where goest thou?"  I love that because the only thing that God cares about is where we are going.  He always wants us to look forward towards God and Jesus Christ so that we can overcome our sins and progress so that we will be able to be more happy.

 I'm so thankful for the opportunity to repent every day and try and become a better person. I have also found that when we do this we will be much happier and have a ton of joy!

We have a baptism this weekend.  Her name is Paz.  We are pretty excited about it.  I will send some pics next week.

Thanks to everyone back home for everything you guys do for me.  I'm thankful to my bro and for all the missionaries.


Elder Colin Eyre 






This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

Hey guys this past week was pretty awesome because we were able to have a baptism!  It was really fun because the girl has a huge family.  They are pretty much all members but have mostly gone less active.  Every week she comes to church she brings another family member with her.  The day of her baptism she invited a ton of people to come and see it.  She had a ton of her family members there and most of them hadn't been to church in many years.  It really filled my soul with lots of joy seeing the blessings that can come from one person starting to come back to church!  This week we're going to go visit the temple grounds with her mom so it should be super fun and I'm really excited.

This week I was studying a little bit in Acts in the New Testament.  I really love how one of the Lord's disciples, Paul works.  Paul is a very powerful preacher of the gospel and he preaches to many people. The thing that I love the most about Paul is that he always kept going.  Paul went through many many trials.  At one point the people killed him because of his preachings then he was raised from the dead.  Guess what Paul did?  He kept preaching!

Sometimes life can be very difficult and we don't want to keep going on.  We should remember the examples of Paul and keep moving forward with Faith in God.  I love this gospel so much and I know that sometimes its very hard to keep going forward but if we do the Lord will bless us.  I hope everyone at home is happy, and knows that I love them. Have a great week.
Elder Colby Eyre





No comments:

Post a Comment