Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, February 26, 2017

WEEK 81

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty great :). We had a few funny things and also I saw Elder Salazar!  I am always way pumped to see him every six weeks when we have zone leadership training meetings.  We always sit by each other and have lunch.  I am grateful that I have one of my best friends here on my mission.  We also have permission to call each other when ever we want.  We call about once a week to send words of animo (encouragement).

Now the funny part of the week was when we were having lunch with a lady she let out a little toot!  On our way home my comp and I laughed our heads off in the streets.  It was nutz!  

I am so grateful that I can be here and help people come to know and understand the gospel of Jesus Christ.  It really makes me so happy because I just think of all the blessings I have received in my life.  I think that its so cool that I can help other people receive these same blessings :). I know that the Savior loves each and every one of us. I was reading in the bible and I love the scripture that talks about the Armor of God.  I think its pretty cool so I hope everyone can read it .  

It is found in Ephesians 6:13-17
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girtabout with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We are lucky that we can have this with us every single day!  Have a great week!
Elder Colin Eyre







This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

What's up everyone back home!  I have been missing everyone a lot and all the snow.  The week here in Chile was pretty great though.

Last Sunday night we had a Family Home Evening which was awesome.  We had some investigators and a member family in our ward.  During the lesson we talked about the Sacrament and Baptism.  The Dad of the member family commented that when he partook of the bread of the sacrament for the first time he said it felt like the most powerful piece of bread that he had ever eaten.  That really caught my attention when he said that.  He said that feeling of power was the Atonement working in himself and the Spirit testifying to him that it is true.  I know that for us sometimes it can be hard to feel.  I have noticed that the more we try to apply the Atonement in our lives and the better understanding we have of Christ and the Sacrament we can also have the blessings and feelings this member described.

I love all you guys so much and hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Colby Eyre





No comments:

Post a Comment