Chile Santiago East Mission

Sunday, February 26, 2017

WEEK 82

This Week From Elder Colin Eyre in Vina del Mar Chile:

This week was pretty good!  Lately we have been so busy and have had a lot of stuff happening.  My comp and I have been teaching a lady named Marlen.  She has a baptismal date set for this Friday so I hope all will go through as planned.  I also had interchanges with an elder from Argentina and it was pretty fun.  He is new to the mission and we both learned  a lot from each other.

All is good here in Chile and I'm pretty happy and busy!  I gotta go, peace out:)

Elder Colin Eyre






This Week From Elder Colby Eyre in Santiago Chile:

What's up family!  This week has been pretty nice.  Funny story, so yesterday at lunch we were eating with an older couple that are members.  We shared a message about charity.  The wife starts to complain about how the husband never puts the cap back on the toothpaste.  Then the husband explains that he doesn't do it because he says it's a waste of time.  He goes into great detail of how if you brush your teeth twice a day seven days a week the amount of time spent putting the cap on and then off is a lot of wasted time.  I was trying so hard not to laugh at this - I don't think they got our lesson on charity!

This week I was reading a book, "Our Heritage".  It is about the pioneers and the suffering and trials they went through as members of the church.  The stories really got me teary eyed because of the gratitude I have for them and their sacrifices they made.  It made me think of the importance of maintaining faithful in the church because generations and generations are affected because of our choice to be active members or not.  I am so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am so grateful for the blessings we receive because of it.  I am also so happy I have the opportunity to teach others this gospel so that they can have the same opportunities and blessings that I have.  We all can be pioneers in our own families:)

I love all you guys back home.  Have an amazing week!
Elder Colby Eyre




No comments:

Post a Comment